Iraq has been ravaged by conflict and continues to suffer the consequences of a very turbulent modern history, and is currently confronted by the challenges of Daesh. Before the insurgency, there was the 2003 conflict, which followed the 1991 Gulf War and 1980 – 1988 Iran – Iraq war. The ramifications for the Iraqi economy have been colossal with no sector left unaffected.
Operating in Iraq since 2010, EAME has provided geo-environmental consulting services to international funding institutions, International Oil Companies (IOCs), engineering firms, EPC contractors and private developers on a range of mega projects and small projects both onshore and offshore. EAME has established offices (with personnel and equipment) in Basra and Erbil. Our field teams, which comprise UK and Iraqi nationals, have developed reliable safe working practices to enable them to deliver projects making use of appropriate security, unexploded ordnance and de-mining protocols which are integral consideration of every project in Iraq.
Initially, the oil and gas sector was the predominant source of EAME’s work in Iraq, however, the rehabilitation of the oil industry (and associated revenues) has started to unlock other infrastructure projects and private sector activity. These too have demands for environmental services such as Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), permitting, monitoring and remediation.
EAME is an approved vendor for a number of IOCs as well as an approved supplier to the Ministry of Construction and Housing and Public Municipalities.
EAME has recently written an article for the Civil Engineering Surveyor journal relating to the rehabilitation of the Iraqi port sector:
Recent project examples:
• Social Impact Assessment, Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants, Erbil and Sulaimaniayah, Kurdistan Region of Iraq;
• Geotechnical Site Investigation, topographic and bathymetric surveys, Khor Al-Zubair and Umm Qasr Ports, Iraq;
• Well site remediation, Kurdistan Region of Iraq;
• Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, Oil Terminal, Iraq;
• Metocean study, Oil Terminal, Iraq;
• Waste Management Concept Study, Majnoon Oilfield, Iraq;
• Proposed Landfill Design, Majnoon Oilfield, Iraq;
• Mud and Flare Pit Sampling, Halfaya Oilfield, Iraq;
• Surface Water Resource Study, Southern Iraq;
• Marine Traffic Study, Khor Al-Zubair, Iraq;
• Geotechnical, hydrological and hydrogeological assessments, Basra International Oil and Gas Hub (BIOGH), Iraq;
• Environmental and Social Baseline Study, Sealine Project, Iraq;
• Construction Environmental and Social Monitoring, Sealine Project, Iraq;
• Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, Port Sector, Iraq;
• Khor Al-Zubair Environmental Survey, Iraq;
• Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, Temporary Power Plant, Iraq;
• Environmental Due Diligence Audits, Oil and Gas Facilities, Iraq and Kurdistan Region of Iraq;
• Tide Gauge Installation and Long-term Maintenance Programme, Iraq;
• Stakeholder Engagement and Social Impact Assessment, Water Supply Pipeline, Iraq; and
• Research of baseline Iraqi information to develop the ROPME Ecosystem Based Management (EBM) Strategy.
If you require further information or you want to enquire about our range of services please contact email@example.com (Iraq Technical Director)